Boston Baby Grands - Designed by Steinway & Sons in New York
Boston Baby Grands - Designed by Steinway & Sons in New York, are part of a line of grand pianos originally designed nearly 30 years ago with the rigorous use of institutions in mind. Numerous colleges and universities then, as now, were interested in becoming All-Steinway schools and the mid-priced Boston piano would help that dream become a reality.
Comprised of Steinway's most advanced design patents and features, developed over their 160+ year history, Boston pianos were the first mid-priced pianos to be infused with much of Steinway's DNA.
Boston grands are designed with over 30 Steinway patents and designs, including a wide-tail scale design and custom tapered solid Spruce soundboard for fuller sound. The action geometry is identical to Steinway's patented accelerated action with all hard-rock maple wood action parts (no plastic) for the best tactile feel and response. The inner rim of the Boston piano is made with hard rock maple, the densest wood available for absolutely superior stability and tonal projection. Steinway's patented Octagrip pinblock of quartersawn maple for tuning stability, is the latest innovation in today's third edition of Boston pianos - the "Performance Edition".
The Boston grand piano is ideal for both individual players as well as institutions looking for an extremely high quality, mid-priced piano with Steinway and Sons' design from the ground up. Each comes with a 10 year parts and labor warranty and matching bench. Each Boston is concert prepped and tuned prior to delivery by our Steinway-trained expert staff technicians. A second complimentary tuning in the home or studio is included within 60 days after delivery.
Each new Boston grand also includes a full trade-up certificate to a new Steinway grand piano anytime within 15 years of purchase, thus guaranteeing your trade value.
Models & Key Features
- Model GP163 PE - 5'4" Baby Grand (shown)
- Model GP156 PE - 5'1" Baby Grand
- Performance Edition
- Ebony Polish and Satin Finishes
- Other Finishes by Special Order
- Steinway Patented Octagrip Pinblock
- Maple Inner Rim with Burled Wood Finish
- Mapes Bass Strings from USA
- Steinway Wide-tail Scale Design
- Steinway Custom Tapered Solid Spruce Soundboard
- Steinway Accelerated Action Geometry
- All Hard Rock Maple Action Parts (no plastic)
- 15 Year Full Trade-up Certificate Included
- Matching Artist Bench Included
- 10 Year Parts and Labor Warranty Included
- One Free In-home Tuning Included